Raw Organic Nori Seaweed Sheets 10 pack
Raw Organic Nori Sheets 10 sheet Pack
Our Raw Organic Nori is:
- Certified Organic by both USDA & EcoCert
- Certified Kosher By Orthodox Union
- NON-GMO Certified
- RAW - UN-Toasted Never Cooked, our nori is dried at under 85 degrees F.
- 100% Radiation and contaminant Free - tested in the USA every batch!
- FREE of most common allergens
- High in Raw Nutrients!
- Sealed in package of 10 sheets for Freshness
- Package has a Zipper Lock Seal to reseal and retain Freshness
Full size sushi sheets 8.5" x 7.5"
We use only 1 species (Porphyra Yezoensis) in ALL of our Nori production. This species is in the Red/Purple Algae family and considered the Highest in Nutrition. ALL of our Nori Sheets, Flakes, and Powder are made from Porphyra Yezoensis and only the top 15 to 20 percent of Harvest makes our grade for item production.
For Complete Nutrition Information, Safety Information, Certifications, ALLERGY information, and more, please visit ABOUT OUR NORI
- Nori Sheets are close to 40% protein by weight. That’s twice the protein of Soy Beans and 4 times the protein of Beef Liver.
- Nori Sheets have more than 10 times the calcium by weight than Milk and Dairy products.
- Nori contains more vitamin C by weight than raw Oranges.
- Nori contains substantial amounts of biologically active vitamin B-12, and is the most suitable vitamin B-12 source presently available for vegetarians.
- Nori is rich in essential amino acids such as Methionine, Threonine, Tryptophan, Alanine, and Glycine.
- Nori is found to contain anti-oxidant compounds such as Chlorophyll and Phycoerythrin, and is a great source of Polysaccharides, which help modulate immune response. It also has beneficial effects on gut function and micro biota, acting as a Prebiotic.
- Results suggest that Porphyrin from this species effectively decreases LDL cholesterol, which increases high density lipoproteins or “Good Cholesterol.”
- Nori is very high in Omega 3, and in fact, is 16 times higher in Omega 3, than Omega 6, which makes it one of the best sources of Omega 3 available. Just one sheet (3 grams) of Nori has more Omega 3 than 2 full avocados. The polyunsaturated fats play an important role in regulating inflammation and proper brain and nervous system functioning.
- Nori is considered one of the best sources of biologically available nutrients. It is high in iron, magnesium, potassium, and in fact is much higher in vitamins (A, B1, B2, C) and antioxidants than nearly all vegetables.
- Nori is the best source of iodine for healthy eaters. 39 mcg per sheet. vs 3 mcg in a whole banana.
Our raw nori has 18.6 mcg / gram of iodine.
Each Nori sheets is 2.1 grams weight, thus Each Nori Sheet has 39 mcg iodine
The recommended daily intake of Iodine is 150 mcg. = 3.8 sheets of Nori per day
most fruit and veg actually have very little natural iodine, a banana has only 3 mcg so nori is the best way for a raw foodist (or anyone who doesn’t eat iodized salt, dairy, fish, packaged food) to get adequate iodine.
Other types of seaweed are very high/ too high in iodine. Nori has far lower levels of Iodine than other seaweeds such as kelp / kombu. Nori has a good low amount that can be easily regulated per sheet. Kombu has 2200% of the RDA in one sheet!! Waaaay too much.
Upper limit of too much iodine per day is 1100 mpg = 28 sheets of nori per day!
“lethal dose” of iodine would be 820,000 sheets eaten in one sitting !!!!
Compare the amounts of iodine in seaweeds:
Nori 18.6 mcg/ gram
Ground Kelp up to 8000 mcg/ gram
Kelp Whole up to 2500 mcg/ gram
Dulse 150 mcg/ gram